From Mary Ann's Desk......








“And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;” Ephesians 4:11-12 NASB

During our first overseas assignment to Ghana in W. Africa, I often found myself walking through our mission house singing “God bless America. Land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her through the night with the light from above.” My singing was not the result of homesickness, for I was not homesick. It was the result of learning firsthand how generous and benevolent our country was/is to other countries less fortunate than we are. That realization humbled me, overwhelmed me, and I sang that song as a prayer, entreating our heavenly Father to continue blessing us so that we could continue to bless others – and to take the knowledge of Himself to the ends of the earth.

Today is July 4, 2014. Thirty-five years after we first arrived in Ghana. And times have changed. But I still sing that song. May our actions of the past be for a remembrance before His face. May there still be more than enough salt in this land to ensure His faithful hand of protection and guidance upon us. May He forgive our sins and heal our land. And may His purpose for our existence in this world be accomplished.

Again today I pray, “God bless America.”

PRAISE REPORT
My eyesight continues to improve. The vision in my right eye is now 20/25 from 20/30 two months ago. In my left eye it is 20/50 from 20/75 two months ago. My doctor said he saw no inflammation in either eye, and I do not have to see him again until December. Thank you so much for all your prayers. God still answers prayer, and I thank Him every day for restored eyesight.

ON ANOTHER NOTE....
Since we are late in getting this newsletter to you I have chosen to cut my remarks short this month so that you can focus on Mark’s column. He has several good news topics to share with you and I believe you will be blessed when you read them.

Please keep LTI in your prayers, asking God to guide us in every aspect of our efforts to be obedient to His will in all things. The prospect of new opportunities is thrilling.

We ask that you also beseech the Father with us for an increase in partners as needed for us to accomplish any and all things He may have ordained for us to do.

Thank you, faithful partners, for your continued labors with us in fulfilling our small part of The Great Commission.

Together we work for the increase of His kingdom.

Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain

Yours in missions,


Mary Ann Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......