ZOOMing in Nigeria and India

 

“…whatever things are of a good report…think on these things.” Philippians 4:8

Greetings in the wonderful name of Jesus, our Lord. Today I am thinking on the good reports I have received from my many friends in Louisiana and Texas who could be suffering from the devastation of Hurricane Laura but are not. I have received only good reports, and I am very thankful. To God be the glory.

MY “ZOOMING” REPORT


INDIA

Teaching the precious women from the churches in India that Bhalchandra and Leena Kamble have established and oversee has been wonderful! 

We meet every other Friday. It is 8:00 AM my time and 5:30 PM their time. Nine and one-half hours difference. But we can make it work! 

Forty (40) women attended the first session. Fifty (50) in the second. Bhalchandra believes there will be more in our next session on September 4th. I teach in English, and Leena interprets in Marathi (the language spoken by about 60 million people in Maharashtra State (formerly known as Bombay State) and elsewhere. I am teaching on “The Value of Women in God’s Kingdom.” Every person is “attending” via their smartphones because of COVID-19 restrictions in India. That is why the picture of the session in India is different from the one you see in Nigeria. I say…God is so good.

NIGERIA

Last month, we completed four months of ZOOM teaching sessions in Nigeria. Last month, I taught two and David Smoot taught two. 

From the beginning, every teaching has built upon the previous teachings without orchestration from anyone other than Holy Spirit. It has been wonderful. 

Now, all of us need a respite. Therefore, we have closed this, our first “Season” for the month of September. Our second “Season” will begin on October 7th. 

If Nigeria’s COVID-19 lock-down has ended by then, we expect to see an increase in the number of people attending. Again, I say… God is so good.

I AM SO BLESSED AND THANKFUL

Blessed to have you as a partner with me in the Gospel. Thankful for your years of faithful financial and prayer support. Literally, I could not be doing any of this without your tangible labors with me. Please remember this truth. Everywhere I go, you also go. Whatever reward there is for my labor, you will have a reward also. None of us can fulfill the Great Commission alone. It must be a united team effort. Thank you for being a member of LTI’s team. I love you. 

 Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain

Yours in missions,




Mary Ann Cassidy







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......