News From the North...

Greetings from the Wonderful Springtime North,

You just got to love spring in Southeast Alaska. 16 degree nights, 40 degree days, 80 mph winds and lots of sunshine. It’s experiential proof that double-mindedness is not just a human condition.

Mark Teaching
ROMANIA
Wow! In so many ways the best ministry trip I’ve ever been on. The only problem is choosing which
wonderful stories to share first. From almost the very beginning this trip was perfect. The Paskucz family were awesome hosts, warm, welcoming and generous. From beginning to end they made me feel as if I were one of the family. They fed me, chauffeured me, laughed with and at me. They were tour guides, facilitators, and friends. But the first news they gave me had my heart sinking.

Dinner with my host family
On our way to their home in Brasov they informed me that my first Sunday meeting had not panned out. Uh-oh. I’m thinking “What’s going on? What about the rest of my time? Will this be a wasted trip?” So we talked and prayed about it and decided to go to Cluj Napoca for Sunday service anyway. Great call, Father!

We enjoyed a wonderful service and some great fellowship. The presence of the Lord was tangible and powerful. Then the Father sprung His surprise. Pastor Adi invited us to join him and his family for lunch and while we were enjoying a fantastic meal, he asked me if I would speak the next Sunday! What an honor!

Prayer Time at the local church in Brasov
This church is one of the larger Spirit-filled churches in Romania. Pastor Adi is very well known in Romania
and had hosted a conference featuring Kris Vallotton! And he’s asking if I would like to have the service next Sunday. After mulling this over and praying about for about 5 seconds, of course I said “yes!” And I learned something. Although I had been disappointed, even fearful, the Lord had given me grace to hope and faith that He had ordained this trip. And this small victory led to a huge blessing.

INDIA
Right now, we don’t know when the India trip will happen. But it will happen, probably in the fall. We are considering a change, moving from the conference venue to fully engaging with just a couple of churches. Please pray that all involved will hear the Heart of the Father for this outreach.

Again, thank you all for what you do to make these trips possible. Your prayers and your gifts are an indispensable part of these trips. May you be blessed with an abundance of every good thing!

Yours for the Kingdom,

Mark & Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......