From Mary Ann's Desk...









“He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.” Ecclesiastes 3:11


Glorious greetings to you in this New Year! I pray that it will be a remarkable year for you. One that is filled with the grace and glory of the Lord in your life. His desire for you is that you march forward in the power of His might, living the overcoming life in all things.

We had the best Christmas our family has had in several years. We spent it in south Florida with Jennifer’s boys – Ryan, Alex and Erik – her two daughters-in-law – Lindsay and Amy – her grandson Asher, and of course, there was Jennifer, Janna and myself. We always miss having our other branch of the family with us – Mark and Julie and girls Hannah, Ellen, Claire, and son-in-law Gunnar – but we thank God that all of us are alive, well and serving the Lord. We hope your Christmas was very blessed, too.

Now we look forward to this year and all that it may hold for us.

I have waited until today, January 7th, to write this newsletter so that I can give you as much information as possible in this year’s first newsletter.

First of all, I want to draw your attention to Mark’s column this month, noting in particular his ministry trip to Romania. We are excited about being able to minister in that country once again, and ask that you keep this new effort in your prayers, as well as lend your financial support as the Lord leads you.

Secondly, I want to update you with news about my eyes. This battle, for me, has been one of the hardest ones I have ever faced. When no guarantees can be given to you, and there is the possibility of coming out of surgery blind in “that” eye – remote as the “possibility” may be – the ability to make a decision becomes difficult. I have finally come to a firm decision after meeting with my doctor again yesterday, and I am going to have the surgery. I will know the date before the week is out, and I have the “peace that passes understanding” in my heart and mind. Thank you for holding me up in prayer.

Thirdly, I have two opportunities for overseas ministry this year. Uganda, E. Africa and India. I do not believe I am to go to Uganda this year. I am in prayer, however, concerning India. Bhalchandra Kamble wants desperately for me to go for the strict purpose of ministering to the women of his churches and community. Heretofore, this kind of ministry has been a secondary one when I have been in India. Now he is wanting to focus more attention on the needs of the women. This is a most worthy desire on his part, and demonstrates the kind of leader he is in his country where women are given almost no credence or value. This kind of desire also demonstrates the fact that in Christ all of us – men and women – are valuable to God and need to know the reality of His love and favor in our lives. As soon as I have  more details to share, I will pass them on to you.

Fourthly…
Thank you, faithful partners, for continuing to stand with us and work with us in the harvest fields of the world to which God sends us. Our attitude in life and work is this – we listen for the sound of the trumpet and look for the Lord’s appearing. But until that time comes, we work while it is day for the time will come when no man can work.

May the Lord continue to bless and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you and give you peace.

Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain

Yours in missions,



Mary Ann Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......