From Mary Ann's Desk...










“He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them — He remains faithful forever. Psalm 146:6


Greetings in the wonderful name of Jesus.

Our government has gone into shut down mode and many will experience some hardship because of this situation. But our God does not go into shut down mode. He does not sleep nor slumber. He is always watchful over His children and is ready to hear our prayers. Thank you Father, that you hear us as we pray for the leaders of our nation. We ask that you intervene on the behalf of the people and that you guide our leaders for the good of our country according to your will and purpose. Amen.

In spite of the troubles among the nations, the purpose and will of God for this world continues to go forward. Jesus said that He would build His church and the counsels of hell would not be strong enough to prevent its growth. Praises His name!

During the weekend of September 27-29 two wonderful missions conventions took place.

One was at Revival Temple in Walker, Louisiana, with Pastors Wes and Melissa Courtney. Jennifer and I were not able to attend that convention simply because we cannot be in two places at the same time. However, I am confident that the presence of the Lord was with them in a wonderful way.

The other one was at our home church, Wings of Faith Fellowship in Ocala, Florida with Pastors Rocky and Rebecca Shrable. It was a powerful conference filled with glorious testimonies of the many things God is doing throughout the world and anointed sermons that challenged us for our continued service for the Lord. We are still walking in the afterglow.

Later this month we will be hosting Bhalchandra Kamble for a few days. He is one of our lead pastors in India. We always enjoy his visits to us. His zeal for the Lord is strong; his desire to see his people come to know Christ is great; and his joy if full to overflowing.

Last month I asked you to pray with me concerning my left eye. I was facing a decision whether or not to have surgery on that eye. Thank you for praying. I have decided to have the surgery and it is set for October 31st. For most of this year I have been dealing with a condition called Cystoid Macular Edema in both of my eyes, which dramatically reduced my vision in the central portion. I am actually looking through water. Everything is blurry and distorted, and reading is very difficult. It also affects my balance and depth perception. The vision in my right has been brought back to normal by means of Prednisone injections. That same treatment to the left eye has had no measurable effect, because there is a wrinkle in the membrane that is preventing the swelling from reducing. According to the doctors, all of this is a result of toxicity from a very powerful antibiotic I was having to take just about a year ago.

If I don’t have the surgery, I will lose my central vision altogether in that eye over time. As with all surgeries, this one is not without its risks. Experientially, however, 80% of patients gain improved sight, 18% of patients stay the same and 2% experience disastrous results, i.e. blindness in that eye. I ask that you continue to pray with me that God will give me a completely successful result from this surgery.

But my faith is strong. The Lord never promised that we would have a life without problems or opposition from our enemy. He did, however, promise that He would always be with us and that He would bring us through to victory.

Thank you, partners, for your faithful labors with us again this month. Your prayers and financial contributions are vital to us and the work God has called us to do. May His love, joy and peace along with His provision, health and wisdom be your portion each and every day is our prayer.

Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain

Yours in missions,


Mary Ann Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......