Lost & Found


Have you ever lost your keys? Your wallet? Your cellphone? How about a favorite piece of jewelry? One that has intimate sentimental value to it and cannot be replaced? How ferociously do we search for that lost item? Almost to the point of panic we search. Our hearts start racing, we hit the verge of hyperventilating and sometimes tears. We become consumed with finding it. Our focus is microscopic. We can think of nothing else until it is found, right? Just like the woman searching for her lost coin in Luke 15:8-10, we’ll even turn the house upside down with no care for how much time it will take to put it back together again, even if our search comes up empty.

Albeit costly nowadays, keys can be replaced. So can money. It might be a big hassle, but credit cards, driver’s licenses and cellphones can be replaced too. 

But, there are some things that are too precious to be replaced. Some of them are one of a kind and can never be replaced. Some of them hold memories attached to them that could never be transferred to an imposter replacement.

I’ve had one of those today. Actually for a few days. In my quest today, I was reminded of the Parable of the Lost Sheep (Luke 15:1-7). If we seek for our lost treasures with such a driven state of sheer panic, how much more does the Good Shepherd search for His “treasures” who are still lost? 

Now, this is not the first time this particular article has gone hiding. But, EVERY time, after I pray (sometimes with a little added help, like today from my good friend – Thank you, by the way), it turns up. One time, it just “appeared” in a place I had not even been yet and when I got to that place, there it was waiting for me. Tell me that’s not God. 

Each one of us is one of a kind. Each one of us is too precious to be replaced. Each one of us has memories. Each one of us is a memory to someone else.

Today, all I had to do was get down on my knees. See a little symbolism here? Down on my knees is where I found what I was looking for. Have you gotten down on your knees today?

Thank You, Lord, for such a powerful illustration. Thank You for the reminder of Your diligent pursuit of us. Help us to search You with the same fervor.

jneal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......