I Thank God for You

“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.” Philippians 1:3

Greetings! 

I THANK GOD FOR YOU

I always tell you that.  At the end of every newsletter. But today I want it to be the first thing I say. I want you to know that you are not an afterthought. Not at all. You have walked with me down the road called Missions Ministry for a long time, and that means the world to me. Thank you so much. I pray God enables us to walk together for a long time to come.   

MINISTRY IN NIGERIA

The routine goes like this. Zoom is launched, and the invitation is sent to Nigeria for them to join us. Once the connection is made, we greet Chuwang Davoe and watch the students enter the room one by one, or two by two. Joy fills my heart with each new arrival. It is good to be “together” again. 

The room is filled with a new generation of men and women of varying ages who are preparing themselves for the ministry God has called them to do. Some are just beginning their studies; some pastor churches. At least one is an instructor in a seminary. What a wonderful mix it is. I count myself blessed to be able to speak into their lives. We (David Smoot and I) know what we teach and impart to them will, in turn, be taught and imparted by them to many others (2 Thess. 2:2). We can go home knowing we made a difference for eternity.

A time for questions and answers is always provided. It accomplishes two things: 

1) A way to interact with the students. 

2) A way for us to better understand them and their needs. It is a wonderful time! While they are still asking their questions, the Lord is already bringing scriptures or examples, etc. to our minds for the answers they need. Now that is FUN!

Each week the attendance increases. Last month, I reported 18 in attendance. This past week there were 26. Thank you, Lord. There is still room for many more. As the number increases, more chairs will be added.

CONTINUING TO CAST THE NET

This coming week I will finish my series entitled The Need, The Call, The Preparation. I have learned that at least one of these Nigerian students feels called to full-time missions ministry. Praise God for this one. May there be many more to come. It will take missionaries from all parts of the world to complete the Great Commission. 

I pray God’s richest blessings continue in your lives each and every day. 

 Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain

Yours in missions,




Mary Ann Cassidy





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......