Hinds Feet

“The Lord is my strength and my power. He makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like hinds feet and sets me upon high places. “  (Words of a chorus taken from Habakkuk 3:19) 
Greetings! It’s a beautiful day in my neighborhood today, and I hope it is the same for you. It’s another day to give thanks to the Lord for all His love, mercy and grace in our lives.
Three years ago, when the Lord gave me His assignment to cast the net to the younger generations for full-time missionary service, I had not heard or read of anyone else with this same vision or assignment. There were others. I just wasn’t aware of them. But that didn’t matter. I knew I had heard from the Lord, and I accepted my new assignment. Hardly a day goes by, now, that we don’t hear of more and more ministers who are carrying forth the same vision and calling. It’s a marvelous thing. God is moving in power all over the earth. Praise be to His name.
As I accepted my assignment, I realized something new was needful for me to do. I needed to expand - zoom out - the scope of my vision beyond just the activities of LTI to include the needs of the whole world. 
The next thing I needed to do was to seek wisdom form the Lord for a way in which to accomplish this task. It didn’t take long for me to realize it would not be accomplished by any method I was familiar with. I was going to have to launch out into the deep of a “new thing.” That new thing is a blog. On the internet. On Facebook. Using technology!  Which I was not skilled at using. But God never asks us to do things that are easy. He always asks things of us that require us to lean heavily on Him. Stretching our faith. Making us grow. Letting us and everyone else know it is Him doing the work, not we ourselves.  
My Scripture verse this month is from Habakkuk 3:19. I did not choose it, as I normally do. I was heading toward my computer when Holy Spirit brought it to my mind in the form of a chorus we used to sing. I knew the Lord was leading me to write about this in my newsletter. He is using it to encourage me in my task. He can use it to encourage you in your task as well.  
I have no idea why God gave this assignment to me. I just know He did. Do any of us ever know why He has chooses us? He has His reasons, and we must not question Him. 
Learning a whole new communication skill has not been easy and gaining a “following” takes time. More time than I would like. But the audience is increasing, and I am receiving encouraging reports.
In many ways my story parallels Habakkuk’s story. 
I have prayed for a long time for God to send a fresh move of His Spirit to the earth in our time. 
I have been given a vision of what I am to do in connection with this. 
I have written it down and told everyone about it. 
I have purposed to rejoice in the Lord and trust Him while it is coming to pass.
Today, through Habakkuk 3:19. I am reminded that the Lord is my strength; that through Him I will accomplish the task, and He will bring His purpose to pass. 
Now I already knew that. I guess I just needed a little reminder. Thank you, Lord. 
Please remember me and LTI as I continue on this journey.
THANK YOU for your faithful labors of love with us in prayer and giving. Remember, we labor together for the Lord in many of His harvest fields. You are important to Him, to LTI, and to those we minister to.
 Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain
Yours in missions,



Mary Ann Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......