Summertime Means Travel...

“Yet Jesus himself frequently withdrew to the wilderness and prayed.” Luke 5:16 (NET)


If you think you didn’t get a newsletter in June, you are correct. Do not fret. I am still alive and well.
I have simply felt the need to draw away from as many of life’s duties as possible for a special time of seeking the Lord. 
The chorus of a song I learned in my childhood, “Shut in With God,” says it for me:
“Shut in with God in the secret place.
There in the Spirit beholding His face.
Gaining new power to run in the race.
I long to be shut in with God.”
I have not made as much progress in my assignment as I would have liked to in the past little while; and, I have felt the need for some serious soul searching. There are four questions I have placed before the Lord:
1) Have I been experiencing spiritual warfare on a new level for me in recent months, even 
        years?
2) Or, am I still dealing with the ravages of chemotherapy?
3) Or, I simply dealing with the aging process?
4) Or, is it a combination of all three?
In my seeking, the Lord has made me know for certain that the enemy of my soul has waged a battle against me. I am having to learn how to battle against him on a different level than I have ever known before. It’s easy for us believers to glibly say “the enemy is fighting against you.” But, I wanted a sure word from the Lord on this matter. I don’t ever want to give Satan credit for something he is not truly responsible for. Now I know he is responsible, and I know how to stand victoriously against him. Jesus said, “I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Mt. 16:18b  Hallelujah! 
It is also true that I am still dealing with the ravages of chemotherapy and the aging process, but the strength of the Lord is mine, and He will preserve me in all things. Thank you, Jesus.
SUMMERIME MEANS TRAVEL
From June 19-24, I was in Spring, Texas (greater Houston area), visiting a new friend I met last year. She is a missionary to Kenya, and her name is Portia Sharp. We enjoyed a lot of good fellowship and refreshing from the presence of the Lord. She, too, is in a place of transition, and needing further direction from the Lord. 
It is impossible for missionaries to get together without sharing the needs and joys of our calling … and praying together. On the Friday of that week, the Lord met us “in the room” and sweetly ministered to us by His Spirit. Both of us have passed our “spring chicken” years of life, but that does not seem to matter to the Lord. He assured us that we would see the determined number of our days, and we would fulfill the purposes for which He called us. What assurance!
In addition, I met several new people who are also missionaries. Those times were blessed, as well, with good fellowship and possible opportunities to network together in the future. It was a very enjoyable and profitable trip.
From July 13-15, I will be in Leesville, Louisiana, at Family Worship Center for their Annual Family Reunion of missionaries. Pastors Mike and Terina Jackson lead this beautiful congregation in their dedicated service to the Lord at home and abroad. This reunion is always a wonderful time of blessing for us missionaries, and I am looking forward to being with them again this year.
Please keep me and ltimissions in your prayers.
I CLOSE WITH THIS:
“Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory, with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 24-25 (KJV)
Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain
Yours in missions,

Mary Ann Cassidy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......