From Mary Ann's Desk






“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:11
Every year, we pause at this time to celebrate one of the most wonderful events in human history. The birth of our Savior, Christ the Lord. There is no biblical record of the date of His birth, and there is no mandate in Scripture for His birth to be celebrated. 
We Christians are certain He was born early in the fall of the year. Not in December. Yet, in 336 AD, the Christian Roman Emperor Constantine declared December 25th as the day to celebrate His birth. A few years later, the Catholic Pope, Julius I, ratified that date as “Christmas Day.” And it has been so for Western Christians ever since. 
Regardless of the lack of an actual date and the lack of a mandate, it seems right that we stop to remember and celebrate The Day that initiated change into the world. Change did not come immediately, of course. It would be necessary for this child to grow into a man and reveal the Father’s purpose for sending Him. But on that day, the wheels of change began to turn and the rest is an ongoing history.
It may be difficult for any of us to find enough words to express how glad and thankful we are that He came…as one of us…to redeem us back to God. Without His coming, we would be forever lost in our sinful state; without hope – any hope – in this life or the life to come.
So, with all my heart and breath I say “Thank you, God, for sending Jesus. Thank you, Jesus, that You came.” I celebrate His birth with my total being. May He be glorified in my life and the lives of all of us who believe in Him and love Him.
2017 In Review
This year has been a momentous one for me and for LTI. My New Assignment to “Cast the Net” to the younger generations for full-time missionary service has brought great change to my life. 
Almost every waking thought has been influenced by it. It has become a main focus of my prayers as I ask God for His wisdom and guidance to accomplish it. He has been developing that for me. 
Why me? I do not know. I just know that my heart is set on being as obedient to it as I can.
I do know that God needs younger ones coming on board to continue the work of full-time missionary service because all my generation will have soon gone to its heavenly reward. 
I also know that there is a wonderful, fresh move of God all over the world, and He needs Many More Laborers in His Field to gather in the harvest. From every tribe and language and people and nation. (Rev. 5:9b ESV). 
All these things make my heart sing with joy and thanksgiving.
2018 - Around the Corner
If I were to have a word for LTI in 2018 it would be “Change.” 
The first change is revealed in Mark and Julie’s portion of this newsletter. We have been talking and praying about this for some time, and believe now is the time to do it. It is not a separation. It is a realignment…with nothing but excitement for their future.
I am excited about 2018 for myself, as well. Next month I will begin sharing with you some of the changes that will be taking place along the way. Changes that will help propel the assignment – The Vision, if you will – to its fulfillment. Change demands adjustment, and that is what I will be doing. Adjusting. The days in which we live are momentous ones in the plan of God. I am thrilled to be able to participate in it. I hope you are as well. 
Together we can and will affect the kind of change that brings the lost to Christ, and He will become their Savior, too, as they believe on Him. 
Please know that your faithful financial and prayer support of this ministry is appreciated beyond my ability to express, and is greatly needed for me to continue. Thank you so very much. 
I pray dor you as Paul prayed for the churh at Phillipi, “Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God…I make my requests for…you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ.” Ph’p. 1:3-5 NLT

Merry
Christmas

Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain
Yours in missions,



Mary Ann Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......