Merry Christmas....



“…that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet saying…” Mt. 2:15 and others



Our American world is all a flurry with excitement and anticipation because Christmas is just around the corner. It is called “The Most Wonderful Time of The Year.” Everyone is wondering about the gifts they will be receiving, and eagerly searching for the gifts he or she wants to give to others. Decorations are going up in stores and homes. The neighborhoods will be all aglow with beautiful lights and decorations of all kinds. Indeed, the land has entered into its most festive season. And all of us will enjoy it.

As I began thinking about what I would write in my Christmas newsletter this year, I sensed that it should not be my usual format.  My mind turned to a different thought pattern. I began thinking in terms of where we are today in history. I also thought of the world into which our Savior was born. I realized that there are many similarities, but there are also differences. I sat down to share them with you in this newsletter, but, alas, it turned into a wonderful sermon. As such, it was much too much for a newsletter. So, I have reduced it to the following thoughts, and I hope they minister to you.
We who believe that Jesus is the fulfillment of all the prophetic Scriptures concerning the coming of Messiah, the Anointed One, the Christ, celebrate Christmas with joy and thanksgiving to God for sending Jesus into this world. And for good reason, for by and through this wonderful gift, salvation and renewed relationship with our heavenly father is ours to live in and enjoy every day.

Christmas is a marker like unto the various markers (monuments) God instructed the children of Israel to erect as they walked through their various journeys. Those markers were put into place so that every time they walked by them they remembered what God had done for them in days past. So it is with Christmas. We “pass by,” as it were, and we remember and rejoice.

But what about the times we are in living in today; the current historical events that we are living out in our everyday lives. Is there any additional thing we should remember at this time of the year?
I think there is. Because of the times we are living in, I think there is a forward looking focus we need to remember as well.

There is another set of prophetic Scriptures that is yet to be fulfilled. In my opinion, many of them are, at the least, already beginning to happen, and they point to the time when our salvation will be complete. When “…the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” (I Thess. 4:16:18)
As for me, I will be celebrating Christmas with a double focus. One of remembering, because the advent of Jesus’ birth opened the way of salvation for anyone who wants to partake of it. The other of looking forward to the hope we who believe have in Christ Jesus; to live with Him forever in glory. 



Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain
Yours in missions,




Mary Ann Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......