From Mary Ann's Desk...








“He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them — He remains faithful forever. Psalm 146:6



Greetings in the wonderful name of Jesus. As I am writing, I am also thinking about that wonderful name and the wonderful One who bears that name. Jesus - Son of God; Savior to all who believe; soon coming King; and the list goes on and on. All glory and praise be given to Him both now and forever more. Amen.

Last month we enjoyed some R&R time, and it was quite nice. We still remained busy, but it was a different kind of busy. We were able to spend some time with friends and family that we don’t normally get to do, and it we really enjoyed it. Now, it’s back to the business of the Kingdom.

Editing work on our book Introduction to the Bible continues, and is coming closer to its completion. If there were no other demands in life, and we could focus on this project alone, I’m sure we would be finished by now. But, you know that is not the case. So, we keep plugging along until we cross that FINISH line.

Later this month we will be participating in the annual Global Outreach Missions Conference at  our home church, Wings of Faith Fellowship, in Ocala, FL with Pastor Rocky Shrable. No matter the affairs that are going on in this world today, the work of the Lord continues to go. We are looking forward to this gathering in which the work of reaching the lost of this world will be highlighted, and funds will be raised to help their missionaries accomplish this goal.

As I write this letter, debates are going on in Britain and the U.S. over what to do with Syria. Syria and Iran are threatening great trouble if we strike out against Syria; Russia and China do not want us to use military force; Egypt is still in turmoil; the world is again facing crisis. What are we to do?

The first thing we must do is pray for our leaders. We must not lose heart. We must not fear. We must maintain our faith and trust in the Lord, maker of heaven and earth. Oh, I could stop and preach right now, but I must not. Nevertheless, Jesus said that when we see these things happen, we are to look up and rejoice, for our redemption is near. Luke 21:28.

It’s in times like these, in particular, that the words from that beautiful old hymn “It Is Well With My Soul” come to mind. They remind us that God has everything under control and at the end of the day, we all have the hope (that is Jesus) to say, indeed, it is well with my soul.

In closing, I want to ask you to cover me with your prayers. I have a decision to make regarding what the doctors say is a routine, yet serious, surgery on my left eye. I need the wisdom of the Lord. I firmly believe that God is still our healer. He has proven Himself faithful to me over and over again. Either way: whether He chooses to heal me, or whether He chooses to guide the surgeon’s hand, I will still be able to say, it is well with my soul.

Thank you for standing faithfully with us every month with your prayers and financial gifts. Without you, none of this would be possible May the Lord continue to watch over you and keep you is my prayer.

Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain

Yours in missions,

Mary Ann Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......