News from the North July 2011


Greetings from warm Alaska!

There’s an old saying, “The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry”, that describes perfectly what happened to the plans I had made for my trip to Nigeria. You have already learned of the delay in my departure, and as you might expect, my schedule for ministry got scrambled somewhat. That didn’t stop the blessings of the Lord, though. God has a way of working all things together for good, and this case was no exception.

I taught two class sessions at Christian Institute on the subject of Religiosity vs. Relationship, during which many of the students realized for the first time that there are differences between the two. Of the 50 in attendance, a good number of them expressed their gratitude for this teaching, along with a personal determination to pursue a closer relationship with the Lord.

In addition, I ministered in four different churches on the subject of Our Relationship with God. During these times I emphasized the spiritual nature of our relationship and who we are in Christ, i.e. not “just sinners saved by grace”, but “saints”, “kings and priests”, “sons”, etc.  Two of the Pastors have asked me to come back for an extended time to teach more on this subject.

The enemy fought to keep us from going, but he didn’t win. By the grace and power of God, the people were blessed and increased, and I am thankful. Things in Jos were quiet during our time there, and have remained so. Unfortunately, this is not true of several other areas, particularly Maiduguri in Borno State.
Please keep our Nigerian brothers and sisters in your prayers. I am planning to go back as soon as possible.

Yours for the Kingdom,

Mark and Julie Dyar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......