From Mary Ann's Desk....


“And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” 2 Timothy 2:2

It’s hard to believe that 8 years have passed since Bud went home to his heavenly reward. Yet here we are, still working. Still carrying the torch of Truth. Still lighting other torches.

Church was Bud’s life. His whole life. And I don’t mean just what he did as an adult. I mean since he was 3 years old. As a child in Michigan, he used to have baptismal services with his sister and their friends, baptizing them over the arm of the couch; but only after he had preached a salvation sermon to them. Ironically, while he was practicing his preaching, I was somewhere in Texas lining up my dolls in my bedroom and teaching them. Funny how God puts into each of us “that thing” that will be our heartbeat. That thing that people will remember us for long  after we are gone. 

Bud’s heart for training up the next generation of church leaders was as big as he was. And that heart drove him to many places on this earth, some places that even I have not been to. 

Over the years, we have been privileged to minister to thousands of young men and women whom God has 
called into a life of ministry. You know that we have no idea how many. We have no idea the extant of what most of these students have gone on to do. But we know we have left a mark. A legacy. Not a legacy of money or property, but a legacy of depositing into them the things of the Lord. Teaching them the Bible and how to “rightly divide” the Word of Truth.

Most of the time, each of us just goes on about our normal daily routines, doing “that thing” that God has put in us to do (whether it be in ministry or in the business world) and we have no real idea how our lives affect, influence or even inspire others. But, just the other day, I opened up Facebook and, to my, surprise, had a message from one of our students in Nigeria who attended our Pastor’s & Minister’s Conferences faithfully for years. It overwhelmed me, warmed my heart and filled me with joy. So much so that I wanted to share it with you this month. 

Let me introduce you to Rev. & Mrs. Chuwang Davou. The following is is the transcript of our message string (unedited):                                                                                                                                       Chuwang: Mom, we are proud for the things you thought us at the pastors & leaders confs.Today we are in East Africa doing same. 2Tim 2:2 Proud of my father & bishop B.Cassidy even in death                                                                                                                          
Mary Ann: Oh, my. Thank you Chuwang for these kind remarks. They warm my heart. To know that you are doing the same work tells us that our labors were not in vain. I am very proud of you and you can be certain your father and bishop B. Cassidy would be very proud as well. Carry on in the strength and anointing of our Lord. I bless you and also ask God to bless you with many sons. I look forward to receiving your reports on this time in East Africa.

Chuwang: Thanks mom. I will send reports when. i am settled. The Lord of breakthrough my bishop spoke about year ago is trowing the doors wide open for us. The trip is smooth we are not yet home. I am raising men & women to this nations .i have taken men & women to Kenya, Zambia, SA, Malawi, Uganda. Rwanda Burundi & Ghana



Mary Ann: Will wait patiently. So many nations. All praise to The Lord.

Chuwang: Mom we will live to celebrate the good work you have done in our life. my wife is now a great teacher & have been to over 6 nations training leaders of leader.Bishop Cassidy prophecy on us some years ago to come out and represent our tribes & write the names of nations we desire God to take us. I ask God for 9 nations.Now I see God giving me Africa.Glory to His name.
Mary Ann: You are making my heart sing for the grace and goodness of the Lord! Hallelujah to His name.
Chuwang: Amen amen praise to His Holy name. No labour of your in this life is in vain. Generations unborn will sing your praise. We are an extention of your graces.

Mary Ann: Oh, my. Chuwang. I am very humbled by your comments. I don’t really know what to say. I can only accept your graciousness. Again, thank you. Please know that the same things will be true for you, too, as you continue to serve The Lord in whatever capacity He wants to use you, and wherever He wants to send you.
Chuwang: some of our leadership outreaches home & East Africa. 2014. We have been to Zambia Kenya & twice to Uganda this year & 7 summits at home in Nigeria

Mary Ann: Oh, my. I keep saying that, but all of these things are just wonderful. If I pushed you to send me a report sooner than you had wanted to, I apologize. But I genuinely thank you. You have made me very happy today. God bless you abundantly.
______________

I hope you found this as encouraging as I did. And humbling.  We don’t think of leaving legacies when we’re in the middle of just doing what it is that we do. But I like how someone defined it: Legacy - what is left behind through the actions of a lifetime. 

So, go ahead. Live your life for Him. Be all that God created you to be. Do “that thing” that makes you “you,” and leave your legacy., all for His glory.

Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain
Yours in missions,



Mary Ann Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......