Run For The Prize









“Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obrtain it. And every one who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subejection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.” 1 Corinthians 9:24-27


Warm Christian greetings to you today. My heart rejoices in the goodness of the Lord. He is great and greatly to be praised.



As Jennifer and I were watching the Opening Ceremonies of the XXXth Olympiad Summer Games in London, she commented, “I wonder if this is the first time that every nation in the world is being represented at the Olympic Games?” The answer is a little complex, but simply put, the answer is “Yes!”

Then, as we watched the Parade of Nations with athletic representatives from every nation (plus 11) pass before the Queen, we couldn’t help but wonder... What will it be like on that day when all of the peoples of the world, from beginning to end – people from every tribe, every nation, every tongue – stand before the throne of the Almighty! Now, that will be impressive beyond description!

So run, run for that prize! The crown of righteousness. Never look back! Never give up! Never quit!


I am happy to report that Hannah’s wedding was beautiful, and she was a most beautiful and radiant bride. It took place outdoors in a setting that was bordered by very tall trees whose branches arched over the seating area and formed, as it were, a cathedral of God’s own building. The grounds were professionally landscaped with beautiful plants, flowers and terracing of native rock with a walkway and  small “stage” under an arched trellis where the ceremony itself was performed. Thus, my third grandchild is now married to a handsome, kind and gentle young man who loves the Lord as she does. In fact, all three of my grandchildren-in-law love the Lord as well as my grandchildren, and we are truly a blessed family.

We enjoyed the lovely city of Boise, Idaho, but tolerating the 100+ temperature was a challenge. The Lord was gracious to us on the wedding day, however, and sent cooler temperatures our way. Thank you Lord.
Now, would you indulge me just this one time? I am a very proud Nana. And, what Nana would not show you pictures of her grandchildren’s weddings? So, be sure to scroll down to see a mini Nana’s Brag Book!

I am also happy to report that my brother is still with us. He is suffering a great deal of pain, but the doctors are doing a good job of managing it so that the pain is not unbearable. It must not be time for him to go yet.


All of us want to express our deepest appreciation to you for your prayers on behalf of our families and the various scenarious that we are facing. We ask you to continue to remember us in prayer.

As always, we are grateful to God for you. Your love toward God, your love toward us, your partnership in ministry, your friendship... You mean more to us than we can express. Now, may the God of all grace and peace strengthen you, keep you, watch over you, protect you, and provide for you is my prayer.

Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain

Yours in missions,

Mary Ann Cassidy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

From Mary Ann's Desk...

News From the North.......