From Mary Ann's Desk...










“Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice!.” Philippians 4:4 


Greetings of joy and gladness to you today. This is the day that the Lord has made. I will be glad and rejoice in it. I hope the same for you too.

Shortly before Jesus’ crucifixion, He began preparing his disciples for life without Him. He told them that they would have tribulation (affliction, persecution, trouble) in this world.

Oh joy! Just what they wanted to hear, right? But it was what they needed to hear. It was a positive statement. A positive/negative, if you will. But a positive, never-the-less. 

His remark was honest and they needed to hear the truth. But He didn’t stop there, because that was only one part of this truth. There was more, and the “more” would make all the difference for them. He went on to say, “… be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33) With those ten little words, He imparted strength to them and gave them hope for victory.

Why am I telling you this? Because tribulation is presently striking our brothers and sisters in India and Nigeria.

INDIA
In last month’s newsletter, I shared the wonderful report of how God is moving among the young people in India. OH, how we have longed to see this day come into being; and OH, how thankful we are for the liberty they are experiencing in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to their countrymen.

But then…I got a phone call from Bhalchandra two weeks ago asking me to pray, saying signs of persecution and tribulation are beginning to appear around them again.
people in India. OH, how we have longed to see this day come into being; and OH, how thankful we are for the liberty they are experiencing in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to their countrymen.

This is not new to them, however. They have courageously and steadfastly dealt with these problems their entire lives.

They have never known the freedom to conduct open evangelistic services without the threat of physical harm coming to those who would attend.

If they make no attempt to convert people to Christianity they are not troubled. But if they do, trouble awaits them.

My heart broke for them, but not for long. I know they will carry on. They will continue to make converts despite all of the efforts of our enemy, Satan. They will overcome because God is on their side, and they will not give up.

Bhalchandra said to me, “I will not stop. I am not afraid.” I know all of them are also saying, “We will not stop. We are not afraid.”

He also told me their currency has been devalued and life is getting more and more expensive.

NIGERIA
Just a few days ago, I learned from David Smoot that the Annual Leadership Conference has been cancelled this year because of lack of funds. Their currency has also been devalued and the country is in DIRE financial straits. Far more difficult than any other time we have witnessed.

It took a while for the impact of this news to penetrate my being! This just does not happen. We have carried on, many times, regardless of whatever obstacles we faced. But this time they could not overcome.

Before leaving David, I gave him the few books I had been able to gather, and the $500 gift that will enable our brother Chuwang Davou to purchase more books for the Cassidy Memorial Library. All of it will be a tremendous blessing to these brave bearers of the Cross who have, for all these years, carried the name of Jesus high in their nation, without fear, despite the continuous persecution and tribulation.

Our first Conference took place in 1989, twenty-eight (28) years ago. This is only the second time the Conference has had to be cancelled. The first time was in 2012, when the date for their national elections conflicted with the Conference dates. Now it is because money is short…VERY short.
When the reality of it all finally hit me, all I could do was cry for them. But not for long. I know they too will not stop. They, too, are not afraid.

Thank God for such devoted faithful, strong men and women of God who labor in their own countries to see their people come to know Jesus just as they do.

II Corinthians 4:7-9 is so fitting, that I must insert it here. “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency  of the power may be of God and not of us. We are troubled on every side, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed...”
This was Paul’s testimony in his day, and it’s their testimony as well.

Please keep them in your prayers. The promise of hope and victory does not in any way diminish the reality of the tribulation. (Hebrews 12:2)

TO OUR PARTNERS
I am so very thankful that God called us to minister for Him in these spiritually dark and difficult nations of the world.

I am also very thankful for each and every person, church and business that has sent us on our way.
With all my heart, I say Thank You for your faithful financial and prayer support. Our labor together has not been in vain.

Let us remember that the work is not finished, and we, too, must carry on.

URGENT NEED
We have an urgent financial need. A significant shortage of funds has fallen upon us and we need an over abundant increase from the hand of the Lord. I am asking Him to quickly make that provision for us. Will you join your prayers with mine? Thank you.

God bless you in all you do for the increase of His kingdom until He comes again.

Because there are over 4.4 billion people in the world who still need Jesus, I remain

Yours in missions,

Mary Ann Cassidy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News From The North...

News From the North.......

From Mary Ann's Desk...